There are a lot of available fashion jewelry out there that can be bought on the cheap, with a variety of colors, designs, and shapes, but investing in real and genuine gold, diamond, or pearl jewelry that lasts for a lifetime might be a good thing to consider, something you can hand down to your future daughters or grandchildren that makes memories remain forever.
If you want these expensive sparklers to retain their shining glory, then don’t take them for granted. Keep in mind that these things need some cleaning every once in a while in order to keep their exquisite splendor at bay.
Follow these steps to keep your stud earrings beautiful and stand the test of time.
For Diamond Earrings
After you’ve done your most extensive search for these shining beauties, it is time to know how to care properly for them. Diamonds are very beautiful when they are well-maintained, so wear them only on special occasions. As much as possible, wear them only indoors at parties. Don’t wear your expensive jewelry on everyday activities to prevent them from wearing off, losing them, cracking, or chipping.
Taking them to professional cleaners
Professional diamond cleaners are well-trained to keep your expensive diamonds shiny and pretty. They use specialized chemicals and high-tech equipment to clean these sparklers. Take your priceless stud earrings out for a trip to the diamond doctor for maintenance at least once a year, and they’ll surely reward you with an eternity of shiny bliss.
Do-it yourself cleaning
While your earrings are staying comfortable in your jewelry box, it also pays to clean your majestic rocks yourself. All you need are:
- A cleaning brush (an old firm toothbrush would do)
- A bath of warm soapy water, -or-
- Commercially available cleaning products (they are products especially designed to clean diamonds)
All you have to do is soak your old toothbrush in the soap and water mixture, and with gentle sweeping stroke, clean your diamond earrings, and use firm sweeping strokes to remove stubborn dirt or grime.
For Pearl Earrings
Pearl earrings are very easy to care for and clean. Just keep in mind of the following and you’re sure to keep your pearls for a very long time:
- Store your pearl earrings in a cool space inside the cloth bag that comes with it. DO NOT put them in airtight containers as they will become brittle.
- Keep them away from any chemicals like perfume or hairspray. Do not wear them while doing rigorous exercise, or while bathing.
- Clean your pearls using a soft tissue soaked in warm water.
- Once a year, do a personal cleaning by soaking these stud earrings in a bowl of warm water mixed with a few drops of dishwashing soap. Soak them for about 20 minutes to remove any grime or accumulated dirt, and then rinse in warm running. Let your jewelry sit on a soft dry cloth for 30 to 40 minutes to allow them to dry.
For Gold stud earrings
Unlike pearl, gold stud earrings are very durable, although mishandling them can get scratches in your jewelry, so clean and protect your gold studs properly. Clean them using a few drops of dishwashing soap diluted in warm water. Using a cotton cloth or toothbrush, rub off dirt and grime. Rinse with warm water and allow drying over a clean and dry cotton cloth.
There are also cleaning products made especially for gold jewelry. It’s better if you use them to clean your earrings once in a while. Also, using polishing cloth alongside your cleaner will do a great deal to keep your stud’s golden shine.